Power SquaresSep 24, 2021
Hearty, nutrient dense and packed with healthy fats and protein. Perfect, healthy, filling, no cook snack that can replace cliff bars, granola bars, chips, and any of your go to unhealthy snacks.
Makes: about 24 squares Prep time: 30 minutes Freeze time: 30 minutes
1.5 cups of pitted medjool dates
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup nuts and seeds (a mix of almonds and/or walnuts and pumpkin seeds)
3 Tbsp chia seeds
3 Tbsp ground flax
1/4 cup shredded coconut (preferably unsulfured)
2 Tbsp coconut oil, measure 2 Tbsp from solid coconut oil and then melt
1/4 cup nut butter
1. Soak the dates in hot water
2. Add all dry ingredients into food processor and blend for about 15-20 seconds until course.
3. Drain dates and add in all wet ingredients (dates, nut butter, coconut oil) to food processor and blend until large clumps form.
5. Place a piece of parchment paper in your 8x8 pan and pour in the mix. Place another piece parchment over top and flatten into the pan.
6. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes. Pull out, flip onto cutting board and cut into whatever size you want, about 2inch x 2inch.
Store in fridge or freezer
They are such an essential in my house that I make 3 separate batches at one time. Don’t try to double the recipe. Instead, measure them out into single batches in separate bowls and process separately. 2 batches is too much for the food processor.